Tips and Tricks for packing smart!

July 31, 2015

Have you ever just hated having to pack for a vacation? Obviously not hating the idea of a vacation but hating the thought of having to sit down and think and create list of everything you need before you leave town!?? Or you are like me and you completely overpack and look like you are staying for a month and not a week.
 This year I have made a pact for myself to go and try to be way smarter when it comes to packing even though I completely dread this process. When it was all said and done I felt that I made a huge step! SO I wanted to share some of my tips and tricks when it comes to packing for vacation! Hope you guys like this, it was really something different to do and I sorta enjoyed it!!!
Happy Friday Everyone!!! 
xoxo,Victoria 
One piece- Target now on sale, Hat- Tj Maxx, Clutch- Target 

Straw bag- Target 
When I travel I try to have a large tote that I can carry everything I need!
Helps the car ride go much smoother!! 
Kate spade planner and Lilly Tumbler and pens available here
Phone case available here 
Reducing the amount of bags I bring really helps with packing! I coordinated these bags to
all my outfits!
Bucket bag- JC Penny (old)
Monogrammed clutch- Marley Lily
Hats- Tj Maxx 
My Bourbon and Bowties are pretty much essentials so versatile and work so well with everything in my
wardrobe! Same with my Giving keys and my Kendra Scott. I pretty much pack all the essentials! 
shoes are my hardest thing. I usually try to be smart no heels and no wedges! I also added
my tennies to the list because I try to do a workout at the beach!
These toms bags are the best thing ever! I go and place all my shoes on the bottom of my suitcase! I really
love these toms 
I press all my dresses and fold them, I usually do throw a bottle of Downy Wrinkle releaser
into the mix it helps me out big time! 


Shorts I keep them basic and fun. I usually add in simple staples to throw on with these shorts!
Really helps to make my wardrobe more versatile while I am at the beach! 


I decided to throw all my bathing suits into a bucket bag and it really helped big time with storage in my
suitcase! 
Lilly Strap- Available here 

The outcome is perfect everything works perfectly and I even had room still!! Yayy more shopping!!!! 

30 comments:

  1. I wish I had seen this before my trip last week! I am such a horrible packer! Love this post!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha same here kelly! I literally dread the process!!! Its so painful! Thanks so much for reading happy friday!

      Delete
  2. This is perfect since I'm traveling next week! Love how organized you are. I just throw everything in there and hope I have what I need haha!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See!!! I try to be as organized as I can when it comes to this! But I have learned to stop trying so hard! And don't worry usually when I come home I throw everything in my suitcase! Happy Friday

      Delete
  3. haha since I'm going with Pamela I'm pretty much going to echo what's she's saying and yes this was very helpful since I need to pack next week!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh how fun! Yeah packing is painful!!! Glad I could help a little bit!!! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea girl! I should've done this when we went to the Cayman Islands in April, But it probably would've been way picture overload because I took way too much! Do you believe I took 14 pairs of shoes? Am I nuts or what! my husband was freaking out and thought my suitcase would be overweight but do you believe I made it with 1 pound a spare! :-) yes I think that's my vacation is extra sweet, because not only do we need a vacation from the stressors of life but we need a vacation from all that stress of packing ha ha! Oh have a wonderful time sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Andrea! I literally am cracking up you really took 14 pairs of shoes!!! I love that!!! so fun! You my friend have a talent you made it with one pound to spare! And you couldn't say it better you need a vacation from the stress of packing its such a pain! Thanks so much for reading and for the sweet words! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  5. As much as I love going away on a vaca, I hate packing for them!! I never know what to bring and wear, etc. Thanks for sharing these helpful tips! Have an awesome time!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right such a drag sometimes!!! I never know what to pack!!! Thanks so much for reading!! Happy Friday

      Delete
  6. Love your clutch! Packing is generally fun for me! This whole month I had to pack for at once though and that was kind of tedious...yikes!

    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so very much!!! Haha I love it!!! Packing can be such a pain!! Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  7. Ugh, I am a terrible packer! Looks like you have it down.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you!!! I hate packing so very much!!! Thanks so much Amy, happy Saturday!!!

      Delete
  8. Such a great post on packing, V! And I noticed some wire bracelets, so so pretty!
    Sending you much love, and I hope your weekend is as fabulous as you are!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so very much!!! Yes I adore Wire Bracelets they are so fun and timeless!!! Happy Saturday V xoxo

      Delete
  9. Wow, great tips and you are so organized! I just throw everything in there and squeeze them all in! :D

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/2015/07/marathon-training.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so very much!!! I do that on the way home I just throw things in there! Happy Saturday

      Delete
  10. cute packing post! I love to do the same thing and put my clothing inside bags/hats! great photos!
    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so very much Kelsey!!! I tried it for the first time this year and it was a huge success! Happy Saturday

      Delete
  11. Wow these are some awesome tricks thanks for sharing them.
    My blog: RumelaTheShopaholic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so very much! Yoy are so welcome happy Saturday!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Aww thanks so very much!!! Happy Saturday!

      Delete
  13. It is so cute.
    Love your packing tips.
    So organized and in style.
    Love what you bring too

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much!!!! Happy Sunday!!!!

      Delete
  14. you are a genius packer! thanks for the tips and you present it so beautifully too :)

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much!!!! Happy Sunday Jessica!!! xoxo

      Delete
  15. Loving all of these tips! I need them for my trip next week!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  16. That clutch is adorable! I've never seen cute one-piece suits at Target; this one looks fab!

    www.sexandgrand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete