Avoiding the Closet Blues: Mixing Plaids

January 27, 2016















Vest: JCrew, Skirt: JCPenny (old), Bag: Rebecca Minkoff, Shirt: Tj Maxx, Scarf: RSVP Greensburg, Shoes: DSW, Bracelets: Jcrew 

Have you ever just got the closet blues and felt that you needed to spice up your wardrobe? Well, this is what happened the other day for me. The outcome was actually pretty good! This checkered puffer vest has been sitting in my closet for a little over a year and has been staring at me. So I finally decided to pull an outfit together with this Jcrew vest. Originally I was very nervous and worried if this looked alright. After a few simple touches, it dawned on me that this outfit actually, was really chic! Who would have seriously thought, not me? I guess to sum up this post go out and experiment with your fashion! Something fabulously chic can happen! 
Happy Thursday to you all! 

16 comments:

  1. ive never thought of mixing plaid, looks so good! :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the closet blues right now. I have a huge closet filled with stuff, but "nothing to wear". I love your pattern mixing!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I totally hear you on the closet blues but boy did you put together a beautiful outfit! I absolutely love that plaid skirt and talk about a good pattern mixer, you rock! You look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mixing of patterns works so well! I am LOVING that skirt! Such a cute look!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to mix patterns! This skirt is so cute!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  6. That skirt is so fun! I love the pattern mixing here!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah what a stunning look! I love this skirt and of course the high boots x

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is so much fun! And loving that vest, definitely a great cure for the closet blues <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally chic and great pattern mixing! I love when I start out feeling deflated and end up with a great outfit from things I already had.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love you :) Happy New Year!

    Can you follow me? I follow you :)
    If you comment my post, I will comment your five posts! :)

    http://www.sandrakopko.com/2016/01/zipper-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG how fun is this outfit?!?! Love the mix of plaids and I need that vest!! So cute!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fashion experimentation gone very right!! I like it :)

    Erica
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful plaid on plaid combo! Ive never thought to do that but it totally works!

    Style by Avery

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look adorable, Victoria! Such a cute mix of prints!

    xo, Jennifer
    www.publicistinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete