Spring Cleaning with Tommy John

March 30, 2016

Every season I have the problem of what to keep and what to finally throw away! Since starting my blog I feel like I keep way more things than I used to! Because I think for some reason I will wear a ridiculous hot pink dress in a future post? Today I am teaming up with Tommy John to bring you all my tips and tricks when it comes to cleaning out your closet!

1. Think if you will picture yourself in this? 
I have to do this a lot! Like I said before I have problems with keeping things I know I don't need! I know so many people are also like me! The best tip is if you can't see yourself in this garment anymore it mostly means that it is time to let go! Think of this as letting go to gain! Letting go of an old garment means a new one will be soon added to your closet. That means a new story and a new chapter!

2.If it doesn't complement you don't keep it!
If it doesn't fit anymore and or it just isn't complimenting you! Mostly that means it's time to let it go! As upsetting as that can be you don't want to keep something in your closet that just isn't going to fit you!

3. Is this Outdated? 
Seasons come and go and so do trends! Unfortunately, things become super outdated and we all tend to keep things that are outdated! This goes with number one! just discard that garment to open new garments into your closet!

4. Is the garment falling apart? 
If the item is starting to fall apart to the point where it possibly can not be repaired it is time to let it go! Nothing is worse than a garment falling apart! Even if you spend tons of money on this garment just remember good clothes fall apart!

5. Old Everything! 
Throw out all old undergarments, pants,skirts, shirts and bathing suits! Also, go through purses and jewelry! This is always a great idea to clear space and also to understand what you actually have! We sometimes are so unaware of what we own!

So what can you get rid of right now? 
Garments that don't fit and or don't complement you 
Dresses that are way too short (check the hemline and the cut) 
Outdated garments! 
Ripped essential shirts!
Garments that have faded! 







































As for the men in our life! 
-Pull out all old PJ's and old underwear! 
- Throw away all old and worn out undies! 
- Old socks and undershirts can be thrown out! (Most men have a hard time getting rid of socks) 
- Replace the old with the new! Try a better and much more stylish men's underwear
- Because doesn't everyone deserve to be feeling and looking their best? 

This post is brought to you by Tommy John's

11 comments:

  1. yes to this! I cleaned my wardrobe out this past weekend and now I have tons of space! :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most definitely need to do some spring cleaning! Love these tips!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips!I always enjoy cleaning out my closet!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Spring cleaning tips doll. Thanks for sharing though..
    Have a fabulous Wednesday!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips on spring cleaning! I started myself actually, and guess what? I LOVE Spring cleaning, actually! LOL It's so fun!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these tips! I really need to de-clutter my closet for spring!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all uour tips, it will make life easy. Have a nice day dear.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all uour tips, it will make life easy. Have a nice day dear.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great tips. I totally need to clean out my closet! So inspiring.
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to clean out my closet soon. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete