How to dress up a skirt for the coldest of months.

January 30, 2017











Two things in the winter I hate, one the cold and two not being able to wear skirts and dresses. As you might already know I never have lived anywhere warm during the winter. So naturally, it can be challenging wearing skirts and dresses in the winter! I have been banging my head for the past few weeks over how I can incorporate dresses and skirts while keeping it chic and fashion forward. So today I am sharing some of my tips and tricks when it comes to dressing for the colder months. 

1. Tights are okay! Let me repeat they are OKAY! When we think of tights we think of old grandma and old school. (Or at least for me that's what I think of) I always hated tights growing up I would purposely rip and tear them just so I didn't have to wear them. But today I LOVE them so much! They keep you so warm and they now come in so many fashionable patterns and colors! They are totally fashionably acceptable and not at all grandma. 

2. Wear thicker fabrics! What I mean by that is wear a skirt or a dress that is made from a thicker material! This way you can stay warm and look chic! This skirt is a wool blend and I felt so warm in this skirt with my tights! And this day it was probably 27 degrees out! So I always say yes to thicker fabrics. When dealing with dresses see if they are layer able dresses! That is always an awesome fix for the colder months. 

3. Finally, say yes to adding some fun spring time accessories! Spring is literally just around the corner! Find some bright pops of color to incorporate into your wardrobe! For me, it is this adorable Torri bag that I have been gushing about recently! This bag adds such a fun pop of color to the look and automatically brings it into a transitional seasonal look! If you are someone that is scared of color don't be!!! Take baby steps and eventually, it will lead up to more! 

Wishing you all a wonderful start to your week! 


21 comments:

  1. loving this outfit and hell yes for thick tights! I wear skirts and dresses all the time during the winter and yes it's cold out but i get bored of just pants every day, especially for work :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cute winter skirt outfits and I agree, tights are a must in the winter. I love your coat and this look is adorable!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. s'cute-and where did you find such a fun walls?
    Happy Monday, Victoria,
    Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try tights with my skirts, but its never cold enough here...but I might next week because we are supposed to get a string go cold storms! Love this chic winter look!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. It rarely gets super cold down here but I LOVE tights with skirts! Such a cute look and perfect for winter. Not to mention, very Blair Waldorf ;) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you styled this skirt for winter! That coat overtop is so classic!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pretty much live in tights in the winter, it's the only way to stay warm! Such a cute outfit, I love your coat and of course that pink bag!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your tips on wearing skirts and dresses during the winter months, girlie! I love wearing tights now, but that wasn't always the case with me; I hated them, too! I love the different options there are now, different colors and prints to choose from that help to add more individuality and style to an outfit! I love the way you've styled your cute skirt here with the black and houndstooth coat, you look so chic! Thanks for sharing and I hope you're having a wonderful Monday so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute outfit and love that coat! Great tips!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning outfit!!

    http://www.brooklynglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these suggestions and this chic look! In love wth the could shoulder blouse and coat. Have a great week Victoria!

    http://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tights under a dress or skirt are a great way to wear your summer clothes in winter! Great outfit girl, that coat is just stunning!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tips girly! I def agree with wearing thicker fabrics! Plus they usually have extra detailing!

    -Ana | www.theanaduarte.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so chic, V! Love the coat and I am dying over your pink bag! NEED!!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love skirts too and wear them all year with the same tricks. Tights are my BFF. You look so cute! I love the pink and your printed coat.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this outfit, the pop of pink with the bag is so pretty.

    Abigail Alice 💕

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely love this look! Your TB purse is my favorite and I'm with you on wearing tights with skirts in the winter - it's the only way! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  18. This coat is stunning! I love the print and length! That top with the cold shoulder is adorable too! Love!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I totally wear tights. Actually I use those tights that have a slight rip or tear to wear underneath my pants/jeans. They definitely keep me warm. And your coat is so gorgeous!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tights are definitely a must when it's freezing outside! This is such a pretty winter look! I'm also loving your coat!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete