The wide leg jean (DIY)

March 13, 2017














Happy Monday everyone! 

I hope you all had a refreshing and relaxing weekend! I know for me my weekend was packed full of bridal showers and getting ready for the start to the new week! 

Recently, I have been having a fashion struggle. For one I have not a clue what to wear. It has been so cold and then it has been so warm. It has been leaving me with so much confusion on what to wear. And not to mention how to dress for this weather. It also isn't helping that we have a huge storm coming tomorrow! I keep seeing everyone on Instagram wearing their off the shoulder tops and their espadrilles and I am just over here patiently waiting for it to be warm. 

In the meantime, I have been kinda obsessing over the whole wide leg capris for spring. Yesterday I was on Pinterest and I came across a person styling them. Instantly I knew I needed to try this trend. So I took the old favorite boyfriend jeans out of my closet and then I decided to cut them off and make them into one of spring's biggest trends. Honestly, this is the easiest and most affordable trend ever! I maybe spent 20 minutes cutting them and destroying the bottom with a razor. It was so easy and so effortlessly chic! This season if you want to save some money I highly recommend taking your old denim boot cuts and trimming them into this season's hottest flare trend! 


21 comments:

  1. You're rockin this look! Love the little scarf!
    XO, Elizabeth
    http://stripesandsolitaires.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great look and I love that you DIY'd your jeans! The weather has been so all over the place it so hard to decide what to wear!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you DIY'd these jeans! They're so cute and so on trend! Happy Monday girly!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel, girl. The weather has been all over the place and it's actually supposed to snow quite a lot tomorrow, which I'm not happy about at all. To say I'm ready for spring would be an understatement, I'm BEYOND ready, haha! Anyway, I love this entire outfit. The sweater is too cute and I love the DIY you did with the jeans! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great job!! They look like you just bought them in the store like that! I wish I were that talented at DIY. I'm so bad...SO bad!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great DIY! You pull these off so well - I love that sweateshirt, too!

    Zelle Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally need to make this. All jeans fit super long on me but this will help the problem. Thanks girl!

    Camila,
    My Vogue Style | www.myvoguestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea for a DIY! I love the cropped wide leg trend, too. It seriously looks like you bought these at the store! Awesome job!!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fact that you cut them yourself! They look AMAZING, V! This look is so sharp and chic at the same time! I think I will do the same to some of my boyfriend jeans! It's amazing how your denim came out!

    Happy Monday, babe!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been in a rut too when it comes to fashion! I think it's just the transitional season thing. Have a great week!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute look! Love your embellished sweater!
    xo, Jennifer
    www.publicistinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely need to invest in one of those jeans! Thanks for a sweet reminder, dear!

    xoxo from Napa Valley!

    Paulina
    www.shenska.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good DIY! They look great on you babe!

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your repurposed your old boyfriend jeans. Great idea and great outfit!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pretty obsessed in this period by the combo denim + sweater + heels. It's so comfortable and chic at the same time!
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love these jeans!!! Such a cue swsater too! Hope you have a great week!

      Brittany :)
      www.kingdomofsequins.com

      Delete
  16. So pretty!!! Love your outfit

    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PFW STREET STYLE MARCH 2017 III

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great outfit!You look su cute:-)

    http://www.lostindaydreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful and perfect! I follow you blog, please follow me too. http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you styled these jeans!!

    xo
    Katie Ann
    www.the-holly-tree.com

    ReplyDelete