Blogging and personal Q&A

May 10, 2017

Hey, everyone!!! 

A few weeks ago I posted on my Instagram stories and my photos that I wanted to hear from you! I wanted to know what you were thinking and some questions you all were dying to ask! I also was waiting to put this post together for when I had no other blog posts. I have been finishing up finals and I have had zero time to shoot posts and edit photos. So here it is, a collection of blogging and personal questions curated by yall! Honestly, these questions blew me away! You all had such wonderful and thoughtful questions, but also super funny ones! 

1. What are you studying in college, And where are you attending college at??
Currently, I am studying Business administration on Marketing I am minoring in Communication and I have a specialization in Human Resources. I wanted to get a really good degree that had everything in it. I felt that in today's economy it would be very beneficial. As for where I go to school, I attend Seton Hill University, some people compare it to Hogwarts! 

2. Who takes all of your photos?? 
I have been working with a photographer and we have been really getting along and working pretty well together which is something that is so amazing to me. When I started blogging I always had my mom shoot for me. Eventually, we got a better camera and she would just snap some photos and we would be done. With the evolving content I want to bring you guys I knew I needed a more advanced photographer. (SORRY MOM) The person I have been working with pushes me and we really are able to bring ideas alive! Which is super dope! 

3. What does your blog schedule look like?? 
With the changing schedule of being done with class, I have much more availability and consistency. All that being said I would love to get back to three blog posts a week with some room for more fun and honest posts like this one! 

As for shooting days, we have been aiming to shoot on Monday afternoons. We have been finding that being the best and most effective time to get photos in! 

4. What is your favorite show! 
I have always been a fan of Scandal and How to get away with murder! Those have always been my very favorite scripted series! They are so suspenseful and so addicting, period end of story.  I am however a huge reality tv person! All of the real housewives are my favorite, along with southern charm. Basically anything on Bravo I'm sold. 

5. Biggest tip when starting a blog? 
Probably stay consistent, its so like obvious but it is so so so so important. Literally, if you stay consistent and try you will see the success. Anyone can be a blogger but if you really attempt and work for it, you can successfully stand out from the pack. I started my blog when I was 17 and now at 20. I have literally created a brand and opportunities from this blog. That is something that is so amazing to me! 

6. Do you shop a lot? 
Yes and no! I am able to work at a place that I can affordable buy things for my blog. I learn however to repurpose and bring clothes back around. 

7. Favorite snack and or food?  
I love bar food anything un- healthy. I love nachos and fried food. I am slightly a fan of fried pickles from the local Sheetz. I love comfort food that happens to be really bad for you.

8. Does a lot of people know you have a blog? And how do you handle the conversation? 

Yes and no, it isn't a conversation started but it is something that is brought up. Many of my friends think it is super cool so they usually tell people so then those people just ask me a million questions, which is something that doesn't bother me. Also, a lot of people find me on social media and the usually figure it out on their own. My boss knows I have a blog and he thinks its super cool. Which is so wonderful if you ask me. My advisor knows that I have a blog, mostly she thinks of it as a resume builder. 

I handle it pretty well I think. Sometimes it can be pretty uncomfortable which is no fun. But it is always nice when someone else explains what I do. It usually makes things so much more comfortable! 

I hope that you all enjoyed this Q&A! I would love to do another one soon! So please always feel free to send me some of your questions! I always love to hear from you all! 



15 comments:

  1. Yes to all the bar food - yum! And how awesome that you found a photographer that pushes you, and that you found a schedule that works for you. Keep up the amazing work <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun, I love getting to know a little more about the person behind the blog! Yay to getting a photographer, your pics have been looking great! And yes yes yes to nachos and fried food. We'd get along great :) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Q&A post is so cute and I think it's so nice to share some things about ourself! You look so pretty!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely love bar type food too. My favorite splurge, yum! Fun post.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun shooting with a photographer!

    Hugs Bella, http://nouw.com/bellss // Instagram: bellaskoog

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that your school looks like Hogwarts!! This was a fun post to read!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this Q&A and I definitely like anything unhealthy food wise LOL!! Love how your photos are taken - very gorgeous! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, it's nice to learn more about bloggers! You've done an amazing job building your brand here on the blog!!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 16 and I just started my blog four and a half months ago...<3
    www.blogellive.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How interesting post!! Thanks for sharing!!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MAXI DRESS IN MALIBU
    DON'T MISS: SUMMER VIBES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love when bloggers get personal with post like this. It's nice getting to know more about you.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love learning more about my favorite bloggers! And I'm with you - fried food and nachos for the win :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading your Q&A, V! I totally agree: Consistency is key to blogging! I cannot stress this enough and I am so glad we connected too! You've come so far! SO proud of you!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post, girlie, it was so good getting to more about you! It sounds like you have the right idea in mind when it comes to a major, the more diverse it is, the better. Also, I agree about consistency being key when it comes to blogging, it really is essential to build a relationship with your readers. Thanks for sharing, girlie, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete