The best dress for any occasion

May 4, 2017












 
Happy Thursday everyone! 

Wedding season is right around the corner and I know for me picking out dresses can be super tricky. I always have the most trouble looking for dresses for the occasion. I feel like all women have trouble when it comes to this issue. Today I am talking about this little number and also I am sharing some of my tips and tricks for wedding season! 

First off this dress is so darn cute! I purchased it at Marshalls off their runway section! I thought that this dress would be a perfect fit for all the formal weddings I have coming up this summer! But then I came home and started looking into the brand. Y'all this dress retails for a solid 500 dollars!!! I snagged it for $29.99 and let me tell you photos don't do it justice! It is a seriously stunning dress that has so much detail on it. I paired it with these gorgeous nude heels which I love so much and they are so so comfy! 

With wedding season right around the corner here are some of my tips and tricks when it comes to getting that perfect wedding look! 

1. You don't have to invest a lot to look fabulous! Say you want to buy a dress, places like marshalls and Tj Maxx have runway sections where you can get a designer for a fraction of the price! And they always have free exchanges and returns! 

2. Rent the Runway! Yes, that's a wonderful site that gives you so many options depending on the event and the type of wedding you are attending! The best part is you can choose the rental time and the option to have an additional dress sent to you! 

3.  Take a simple dress and make it yours. This is my favorite tip I have! One summer I attended 4 weddings! Yes, 4!!! I was slightly over the whole entire wedding thing! I invested in a nice white dress and let me tell you I threw a nice bold shoe on and a nice earring. I was hounded with so many complements, dressing up a white dress with gorgeous simple pieces makes a big statement! Especially with summer weddings! 

4. Invest in a spray tan or self-tanner. If you are like me and are extremely pale, try getting a good spray tan from your local tanning salon! A lot of places are super affordable and do such a good job! Or try the Jergens Foam, I swear by this stuff! It is one of my favorite products right now and is beyond easy to use! 

5. Finally!!! Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. I don't mean go out and buy a backless dress or a dress that has cutouts in it. No!!! Instead look for textures, fabrics cut and styles. Sometimes we are so set with a certain style we never try anything different!



6 comments:

  1. My favorite looks have always been when I ventured outside of my comfort zone, and yes to RTR!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in this dress girly! It is such a lovely dress! I love using Rent The Runway!!

    Ana | www.theanaduarte.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Have a wonderful day!;-)<3
    www.blogellive.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite dress on you!! And what a smile! Great way to start my Monday :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is absolutely GORGEOUS on you! So perfect for a spring/summer wedding!!

    Rosy Outlook

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES - this dress is gorgeous! The color, the style, the fit - everything!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete