How I pack for Vacation

August 9, 2017









Let's face it packing can be stressful, time-consuming and overwhelming. We all turn to different ways to prepare and get ready to go. A few years ago I did a packing post. This was when Coffee And A Blonde was fresh and new and now I can say I am heading into, the right direction. With that being said I wanted to take a moment today to dedicate an entire post to packing and the way I prepare for packing.



Recently I have added a new addition to my office area and that is this gorgeous gold rack. Did I mention it was a total DIY? Yes, it literally was a whole weekend adventure from start to end. But the outcome is one for the record books. The entire concept of a garment rack is the most time-saving thing on this planet. You can iron, hang and style all your looks and get a complete visual of what you are packing and styling.



Next up I have a slight obsession with these packing cubes Okay totally would think I would be a fan of this but let me say if you are traveling with a lot of crap. This saves some serious space for you. The best part is you can pick these up at your local TJ Maxx and Marshalls! They come in a pack of three and they hold so much. I know that I could possibly put 30% more product and clothes in these cubes!


Let's not forget the jewels, okay travel a lot with jewelry. Even if it is just to go down the street to shoot. I pack a majority of my jewelry in my clutches. However this year I wanted to invest and snag a good jewelry box. I came across this guy a few weeks ago and I was sold. Not only can it hold everything but it can keep it protected when traveling. The patted trays are an absolute favorite of mine.







Never ever forget the perfect carry on. This one from LL. Bean has my entire heart. I have had this bag for months now. And it never ever disappoints me, ever. I could never say enough good about this little tote bag. And no this is not in anyway sponsored it's just legit my holy grail. It is beyond fantastic, invest in one and get it monogrammed. 




Finally, let's talk what to pack. This is a good question that can be so hard to answer. Obviously, it depends on where you are going and what you need. In the summer I depend heavily on dresses they are easy and super fun to pack. In the winter I pack essentials that I can find multi purpose outfits for. This helps to create room and make more room in that suitcase, for fun souveniers like snow globes and post cards! I keep in mind the simple rules, essentials, and basics. Nothing else and nothing more, oh and let's not forget those darn PACKING CUBES!


6 comments:

  1. I love that rack and I love the way you do it, so organised! I hate packing and I often take much more stuff than I would actually wear haha
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the rack and your jewelry cases. I have that gold necklace holder and love it!! Awesome tips girl! Happy Wednesday :)

    Katherine | www.oneswainkycouple.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those jewelry cases, it's so cute. I agree with you, packing for vacation is hard, but once it's done it feels so good.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that garment rack! And how fun are those jewelry cases <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made a similar blog post!<3
    www.blogellive.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your jewelry cases are sooo cute! Also, that's one fab pooch! Ha!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete